What Are The Conditions To Be Eligible For The Indian Electronic Visa?
The eligibility conditions are as follow when you opt for an India e-visa:
- It is granted to travelers who visit India to visit relatives and friends, medical treatment, recreational activities, or short term business visit.
- The passport of an applicant must be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of visa application.
- The passport must have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Indian Immigration Authorities.
- Candidates must have return tickets after residing at a destination for a previously specified time.
- Children and toddlers must have separate passports and e-visa.
The following documents are needed when applying for an e-visa:
- A valid passport with validity of at least six months.
- Digital Passport photographs.
You may be required to produce the following documents on your arrival:
- The printed copy of your India e-visa.
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- Invitation letter if any
- Medical/health insurance cover for the duration of stay.
These are the common records that the immigration officers at the airport may ask you to present on arrival. However, some officials may request additional records as well.
Benefits of the Indian e-visa
An India e-visa has the following benefits:
- You can get an India e-visa from anywhere at any time. What you will require is a valid passport with good to internet connectivity.
- Getting an India e-visa is an easy and hassle-free process and helps you save time and energy.
E-visa application process
Obtaining an Indian e-visa is a very easy and hassle-free process. To get an Indian e-visa, you do not have to physically visit an embassy/ministry for the visa interview. The only requirement is a passport which should be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of application.
You can obtain an e-visa by visiting the official embassy website of India. Once you lodge the online application form and make the necessary payment, you will get an email address authentication message. Once you verify your email address, the Indian e-visa will be sent to your verified email address.
The cost of an Indian e-visa varies from nation to nation. You can pay the Indian e-visa fee which cost between $25-$100 depending on your country of origin, by using either a credit or a debit card.
Once an Indian e-visa is granted, the information cannot be changed. So, you must complete the information honestly when applying for it.
Sometimes, the immigration officials of India may decline your e-visa application. Hinted below are some of the reasons why your India e-visa application may be rejected:
- An essential detail is missing.
- Your passport validity is less than 6 months.
- If you have given false information in your e-visa application form.
- If your visa type is not specified properly.
Who can benefit from India’s e-visa?
E-visas are granted to travelers who visit India for various purposes like short business stay tourism, meeting friends and relatives, etc. They obtain an e-visa without the need to physically send their passport to the embassy.
What the candidate has to do is obtain it online by forwarding a scanned copy of the passport, passport photograph and other relevant records to the embassy/consulate and pay the fees online.
Once you lodge the complete online application form and pay the fees, you will get the e-visa in your email. You should get a printed copy of the e-visa and hold it with you when you travel to India.
Extension of the Online Visa Scheme
The system has been very successful that a proposal has now been made to expand the system to 36 new nations which, if accepted, will bring the number of nations that have are eligible to the online visas to 186 nations as opposed to the current 150 nation.
Among the new nations that might get this India e-visa are nations like Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria, and a few others. Right now the India e-visa is most popular with nations like the UK, U.S, Australia, France, and China. The popularity of the Indian e-Visa has grown by over 200 percent between 2015 and 2016.