Where Should I Apply For E-Visa India?
You can apply for the e-Visa India in two ways:
- With an internet device via the official website of the Indian Government. https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html. This is the cheapest way to obtain an e-visa.
- Another way is to request an e-visa from a private visa agency, which charges additional management costs. This is a viable option, if you have issues with the official website, either when completing the form, making the payment, or uploading the documentation. It is also a good option if you need personal advice for your specific case.
How long does it take to grant the e-visa?
The e-visa is granted within 72 hours. In a real example, if an applicant applied for the e-visa on a Saturday at 5:30 p.m.; the applicant will get the visa by Monday at 2:05 pm. It takes less than 48 hours to be granted an e-visa.
If any details or records (photo, passport) are incorrect, you will be notified by email, so that you can enter the online application software again and correct it.
Steps to obtain the e-visa to India
Step 1: Scan the first page of your valid passport
Before starting the India e-visa application process, it is important to have a passport, which should be valid for at least six months from the intended date of entry into India. Example, if the expected travel date is July 1, 2020, then your valid passport should have an expiration date beyond December 2020.
In the India e-visa application, you will need a scanned copy of the passport page, where your intimate information and your photo are located. Therefore, you should have it before completing the application form.
Your passport should meet the following characteristics:
- Pdf format
- It should have a minimum size of 10 Kilobytes and a maximum of 300 Kilobytes.
Step 2: Take a digital photo
During the India e-visa application process, you should upload a recent passport photograph with a white background. It should meet the following requirements:
- JPEG format.
- It should have a minimum of 10 Kilobytes and a maximum of 1 Megabyte.
- The width and height of the photo should be the same.
- The digital photo must be a front view, full face, eyes open and without glasses.
- Position the head inside the frame and show the entire head from the crown of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- The background must be white.
- There should be no reflections on the background or face.
- There should be no borders.
Step 3: Complete the electronic form.
Once you have your valid passport scanned and your passport photographs then you complete the application form.
Although before completing the form, try to consider the following:
- Use a chrome browser to apply for an e-visa, but if you have issues, you can try a different browser (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Deactivate pop-up blockers on your browser.
- If you have issues with any of the payment methods, try the other alternatives offered, like PayPal.
Note: if you encounter any issues while entering your ID to retrieve the form or to view the status of your application, confirm that you are using the appropriate “I”: it could be capitals letter “i”, a small letter “L” or even a “1”. This is quite a frequent problem.
Step 4: Receive your e-visa in PDF format in a less than 72 hours
Once you have completed the application form and paid the fees, you have to wait. You can view the status of your e-visa online by tapping on the “Check your Visa Status” button.
If you do it immediately you make the payment, a warning message will appear; that your e-visa application can take a maximum of 72 hours, and that you will be informed via email when the Indian government has made a decision.
Step 5: Purchase travel insurance
This is optional but very essential last step is to purchase medical travel insurance. In a nation like India, it is necessary to carry travel medical insurance, in case any emergency arises. Otherwise, medical healthcare can be very costly.
Note; travel insurance cost is very low, to the risks it covers.